Monday, May 28, 2012
Evaluation
The purpose of this assignment was for us to reaserch the diseases of affluence then use this information to create a high tea platter. This was so that we could get a better idea of what the diseases were and how to cook for those people. We got around from term one week seven to term two week seven so around eleven weeks to do the assignment. We got around eight weeks to do the reaserch and a 55 minute lesson to cook and the rest of the time to plan what we cooked. I think this was plenty of time to do the assignment in. I learnt a lot about the ways that living with diseases of affluence could make life difficult but I also learned about ways that people overcome those difficulties and also how to properly cook things for these people. Generally it was a learning experience. For the cooking I had to know my way around the kitchen, be able to follow a Recipie. I had to be able to cook under pressure and to seed a pomegranate. I knew how to do all of this and everything on the Recipes except for the last one, seeding a pomegranate. It took me a title while but I finally figured it out and I am glad that I did otherwise the dish would not have tasted as good.
My practical work was reasonably successful. I finished after the bell, which could have been prevented, but I think that I could have done better. The work flow plan did not really work that well for me because I am a person who likes to go with the flow and so having the work flow plan, I didn't really follow it. The finished product looked reasonable, I probably would not plate it up a palazzo Versace, but It would have done for a cheap little place. We could have presented it a lot better if Jenny had not put all of her food on the plate but the food tasted good and it was very colorful. My planning I think it went very well. I feel that i planned my time really well and planned the dishes really well and made an overall good dish. I had some difficulty finding a diabetic dish suitable for the time limit and a high tea. But I felt that I researched enough to create two good dishes. No I did not change any aspect of the recipies. I felt I met the nutritional requirement of the groups I chose very well.
This assignment was very interesting getting to learn about the different diseases of affluence and the food that they have to eat. It was also quite challenging and it gave you something to think about. I think that the task was great and I learnt a lot and I would not change it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment